What is covered:
Simply assign your allowance to Motability and you’ll get a brand new car every three years. Your allowance covers most of the running costs, so all you have to do is fill your car with fuel.
Your agreement includes:
- A brand new Ford of your choice every three years
- Insurance, loss and damage protection, personal accident cover for named drivers and passengers
- Servicing, maintenance and repairs at your Ford Dealer
- Full breakdown assistance from the RAC
- Window and windscreen replacement at no extra cost
- A 60,000 mile allowance during the three years
- Free replacement tyres fitted by Kwik-Fit
- The most popular adaptations arranged through your Motability accredited Ford Dealer
There are many vehicles available at no additional cost to your allowance. However, if you do want a higher specification vehicle or one of our larger cars, you will need to pay an additional one-off ‘Advance Payment’.
Here’s how it works in three simple steps:
Step 1. Choose your car
Our Ford Motability Specialist can help you choose the car to suit you best. To find the one that’s right for your needs, it’s important you experience our cars first hand. Fisher’s can arrange either an accompanied test drive, or a test ride if you’re going to be the passenger. If it’s easier, we can also organise home visits.
Things you’ll need to consider include:
- Can you get in and out of the car easily enough?
- Is there enough room for everything you need to carry with you (e.g. mobility aids, wheelchairs, etc.)?
- Can you use the controls easily as they are, or do they need to be modified for you?
View the Ford vehicle range
Step 2. Place your order
When you’ve decided on your car, Fisher’s will set up your agreement by entering your details, and those of the car, into Motability online. The price is now guaranteed against that vehicle from this point. At this stage, a wide range of adaptations can be ordered and these will be ready for you when you collect your car. Motability check your eligibility with the Department of Work and Pensions and confirm back to us (usually within 48 hours) that we can place an order for your Ford vehicle.
We will then be able to advise you when your new car will be delivered, which could be as little as a few weeks.
Step 3. Collect your car
Once your delivery date is confirmed, we will finalise your insurance, loss and damage protection details.
When you come to collect your car, we will give you a thorough handover so you’re familiar with the key features. To finance your car, you’ll also need to sign the hire agreement between yourself and Motability Operations.
Finally, if you have an Advance Payment, this will need to be paid to us (in one lump sum). Your tax disc will be provided with your car, while Motability Operations will hold the V5 document.
You are now free to enjoy your new car from Ford Motability in combination with Fisher’s!
Do you qualify?
If you’re receiving either of the following benefits, you could qualify for a car under the Motability scheme:
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance (HRMC-DLA)
- War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
Even if you can’t drive yourself, you could still get a car on the Motability scheme by nominating a family member, guardian or your carer as your driver.
You should have received an Award Notice with details of your allowance from the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP). If they haven’t sent you one, or if you’ve mislaid it, simply contact the DWP on 03457 123456.
Remember, if you’re thinking about selecting Contract Hire, you must have at least 12 months of your award remaining.
For more information on awards and benefits from the DWP, visit the Department of Work and Pensions website.
Fishers have been supplying cars on the Motability scheme for over 30 years. As a Motability accredited Dealer, we will be on hand every step of the way to help you drive away in the perfect vehicle for your need.